Monday, January 19, 2009

I HOPE

Other than the lead up to my wedding day to my wonder wife Kimberly, I cannot think of an event that I have anticipated so much. With the inauguration on Tuesday, we will begin a new chapter in the history of our great nation. Barack Obama has inspired millions of people with a message of Hope. Here are some of my thoughts about our new President:

I HOPE he can lead us out of this economic mess.
I HOPE that a nation that has been very divided for the last 12-14 years can come together to support him.
I HOPE that he is even smarter than what he sounds (which he sounds very smart).
I HOPE that the secret service protects him well.
I HOPE that the countries expectations are not more than he can handle.
I HOPE that his 2 daughters are allowed to be kids.
I HOPE he can protect our nation from another attack.
I HOPE he leads with great morality and integrity.
I HOPE he gets to keep his BlackBerry.
I HOPE he can find the time to play some hoops now and then.
I HOPE he maintains the same amount of contact through social networking that he did during the campaign.
I HOPE he holds Americans accountable for our actions, just as we will for his.
I HOPE he makes the right decisions, if I agree with them or not.
I HOPE he is transparent.
I HOPE he stops predatory lending.
I HOPE he has the courage to stand up to the leaders of both parties for what he feels is right.
I HOPE that he will be one of the greatest presidents we have ever had.
I HOPE that I will get a chance to meet him someday.

No comments:

Website Hit Counters