Sunday, April 4, 2010

Six Years Ago, An Easter Memory

At the time, I was not a Christ follower and I was pretty anti-church. Kimberly had her routine, which was going to church every Sunday. And I had my routine, which was dropping her off at church and then I would go shopping.

It was Easter Sunday of 2004, I had planned on the same old routine. We were at the front of Granger Community Church where I always dropped her off when Kimberly says "why don't you park the truck and come on in?"

"No" I kindly but firmly said, "I'll just go shopping like normal."

"Oh, come on" my wife said, "Pastor Beeson is speaking and I really think you would like to hear what he has to say."

Which I replied "I don't think that I would and I am in no condition to come to an Easter service. I haven't showered or shaved and I am wearing a bluejeans a T-shirt and a baseball cap."

As I said that, some dude in a baseball cap wearing jeans and a t-shirt looking kind of un-shaven goes walking by my truck and into the entrance of the church.

"See" Kimberly said, "it's ok! Besides, it's Easter and all of the stores are closed. So, you can either sit out here in your truck and be cold or you can come on in and hear a great message."

She was lying about the stores being closed, but that's ok......it got me into the church.

Some of you might be thinking "That was all just a coincidence with that guy walking by like that." But I don't think it was.

I think that God knew that Kimberly was going to be working up the courage to have a VERY difficult conversation with me and knew she would need all of the help that she could get to get me into that church. I think God planted that guy there just to show me that it was ok for me to go in no matter what I looked like or how I felt.

It was one of those "Gotcha" moments, and I have been attending Granger Community Church ever since. It was that moment that started me moving in a much better direction with my life.

I just thought I would share that with everybody today.

Happy Easter everyone!

1 comment:

Sumo-Pop said...

Very nice. Lovely, in fact.

Website Hit Counters