Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Google and My Church

I love to Google. I Google myself, family and friends to see what comes up. If I don't know the answer to something, I Google the question and "poof" there is an answer. Sometimes I'm stunned by what I see, other times I'm not. Recently I decided to Google the church that I attend, Granger Community Church in Granger, Indiana. Some of the negative things I read really disappointed me. Don't get me wrong, I know that GCC is not a perfect church, but the negatives that I was reading from other christians--were, well, was disappointing


Granger Community Church (GCC) is a little different then your traditional church. They have a band with loud drums and guitars (a little too loud for me sometimes), they use pop culture in an attempt to reach people that a traditional church might be unable to reach. If you were to show up in jeans and a t-shirt, nobody looks down at you, there are no secret hand shakes or "christianese" that is spoken, no special kool-aid that you drink. They just teach the message of Christ in a non traditional, non threatening way that resonates with certain people that could not other wise be reached. For this, GCC is heavily scrutinized for being unconventional. But, wasn't Christ unconventional too? Would Christ use today's technology to reach people? As long as the message is correct, I don't see what the problem is. Please click on these links to see some videos that GCC has made:






1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Wow, these videos are really powerful. The second one is amazing!

Website Hit Counters