Thursday, March 26, 2009

My Morning Drive

This morning, I had an appointment all the way over in Warsaw. Sometimes, when I make a trip like this, I have the radio off or down low-relax, and let the thoughts flow about whatever comes to mind. You can call it alone time, God time, my good friend and pastor Mark would probably call it a form of meditation. Anyway, I thought that I would share some of those thoughts from today.

*What do you think would happen if everyone turned off the news for a week? No CNN, no MSNBC or Fox news or local news. How do you think that would effect every ones attitude right now?

*What if Christians ACTUALLY prayed, instead of just saying they are going to do so?

*What if I actually prayed for the people I disagree with? Better still, what if I prayed to help me better understand the person I disagree with instead of praying that the other person change their view?

*What if I only complained about something if I had a solution to that complaint?

*What if everyone started praying for our leaders to succeed rather than to hope that they fail. What kind of impact would that have?

*What kind of impact would it have, if I truly appreciated all of the time I get to spend with the people that I love? How would that effect everyone around me?

And then my mind started wandering to Tiger baseball and the season at hand, but that will be a post for another time.

1 comment:

Steve Miller said...

Knowing your penchant for Tiger baseball and their recent track record, it may lead you to even more fervent prayer.

Great post Barry

Website Hit Counters