Thursday, July 16, 2009

I Just Don't Get It

This probably will not be a popular post, since most people drink coffee and seem to enjoy it:

Every morning, I wake up and turn on "Morning Joe" on MSNBC and "Mike and Mike In The Morning" on ESPN and flip back and forth between the two shows. I have noticed over the past few weeks, that "Morning Joe" is now "Morning Joe Powered By Starbucks". Then this morning on "Mike and Mike" they had a special guest host named Tim Kurkjian who is an awesome baseball analyst. On "Mike and Mike" Greeny kept trying to get Tim hooked on coffee. To Tim's credit, he just does not get what the big deal about coffee is. I don't either.

Why is everyone so hooked on this drink? It smells bad, it is hot (I prefer cold beverages) and you have to add all kinds of stuff to it to make it drinkable. Froca moca lattes, frapa chino's, foam, no foam. Whatever, I just don't get it!

Have you ever noticed the ugly grimace on peoples face when they take that first drink of coffee in the morning? Watch for it, it's there! Why do people drink this stuff?

Three years ago, Kimberly and I were in Hawaii and everywhere we went we kept hearing about how you had to try Kona Coffee. I had never tried coffee before, so I thought I would try a small sample. Some kind of Hazelnut flavor. It was awful! Very bitter tasting, not a pleasant smell. Just an awful taste and experience.

Everyone says, "you just have to add milk and sugar and flavoring to it and then it tastes great!" Well, I am sure that there are a lot of things that would taste great if you added a bunch of flavoring to it to disguise the disgusting taste in its purest form. So why go through the trouble? Why pay $3-4 for a cup of Starbucks? If you want something that tastes like chocolate, drink a hot chocolate. It costs less. I just don't get this whole coffee craze that people are on. Is it really that cool to have a starbucks cup in your hand? I'll just be uncool and keep drinking my Diet Coke.

OK. That's my rant on coffee. I know you have opinions, feel free to voice them.

1 comment:

Susan said...

It's true...you just don't get it :-)

Website Hit Counters