Thursday, December 18, 2008

Why My Wife Probably Thinks I am a Psycho......The Sauce Pan Incident

This is the 1st post of what will be a series of posts entitled "Why My Wife Probably Thinks I am a Psycho"

This time of year I tend to eat a lot of soup. My soup of choice...Progresso. In our household, we have only 1 1qt. sauce pan. So, in years past, I have usually microwaved a fair amount of soup as the pan sits in the dishwasher waiting for a full load to be washed. A 1 qt. sauce pan I have found works perfectly for a can of soup. A 2qt. pan is just too big.

This year, I have decided that I did not want to microwave my soup so I decided to buy a new 1qt. sauce pan. I figured, "I should be able to find one for about $5". I forgot that the last time I bought something like a sauce pan was about 10-13 years ago. I was stunned! Everywhere I went everyplace wanted $25 for a 1 qt sauce pan.....What's Up With That?!! Even Walmart wanted $15! I went to Target, Walmart, Kmart, Value City (which is going out of business) Kohl's and last but not least, Big Lots. I drove around to 7 places in order to find a $5 sauce pan so I could cook my can of soup (I went to Walmart twice).

My last stop was Big Lots where I found a pan that would work for $10, when it dawned on me. I have probably spent 1-2 hours looking for some stupid pan for my soup and probably spent $2-3 in gasoline driving around. So, disgruntled in my search, I bought the $10 sauce pan at Big Lots. See what my wife has to put up with? She's a saint. And this is just one reason why my wife probably thinks that I am a psycho!

1 comment:

Renee Crabtree said...

Barry - I'm reading this really past the posting date but I just have to say that this sounds EXACTLY like something I would do.

Website Hit Counters