Tuesday, December 23, 2008

WWJD

As what is a habit for me, I woke up this morning turned on my "Morning Joe" on MSNBC to see what is happening that I may have missed. The big topic of the day? How the banks that have received bailout money have $1.5 billion in corporate bonuses and vacations etc. with part of that $700 billion we gave them. Several questions popped in my head at that time. What would Jesus have done in this whole "bail out" situation? Would he have bailed out the banks or let them flounder? How would he have looked at how we have used our talents that were given to us as a nation? We are a nation founded on Christian principles, does he feel that we are following those principles or using it only in certain situations that make it easy to look in the mirror instead of on the tough decisions that make it hard to look in the mirror? Would Jesus be proud of us or disappointed in us as a nation?

I know those are deep questions, but that is what I've been thinking about today.

No comments:

Website Hit Counters