Saturday, May 2, 2009

Are You Doing Your Best?

Do you ever feel that you are doing your best, only to find out that you really are not? And when you find out what you can actually do, you are stunned and surprised by what you can do?

It certainly happens to me! It happens in all areas of my life too. Spiritual, relational and professional. There are many reasons for it. Sometimes it is just getting too comfortable where I am at, other times it is not believing that I could do any better. Sometimes I put those obstacles up, other times outside forces put those obstacles up. Sometimes I can snap myself out of the comfort zone that I am in, sometimes friends snap me out of that comfort zone and other times God snaps me out of it. In reality, I guess, God is always the one that snaps me out of it.

I tend to be a very visual type of person, so I love motivational video clips or scenes from movies that I find to be a motivator. When I find one of these scenes or clips, I can't help but to find Christ somehow worked into it.

One of those scenes is below. It is a scene from Facing The Giants. The scene has the coach trying to prove to his players what can be accomplished through faith. The coach asks the team captain to do "The Death Crawl" which is where the player gets down on all fours while another player is lying on his back on top of him. The goal is to see how far you can crawl without your knees touching. The team captain thinks he can go about 20 yards which is further than the other players on the team can go. The coach thinks that he can go even further if he trusts and puts his faith in the coach by being blind folded before he begins his crawl. You will see when you play the video the constant encouragement by the coach. "You can do it" "Just a little Further" "Don't Give Up". When hearing the coach, I can't help but to think how often Christ is saying those same words to me. And my response is just like the words the player is saying "I Can't Go Any Further" "I'm Tired" "It's Too Hard" the coach or Christ saying "Keep Going" "Give Me Your Best!" This is an amazing video clip that reminds me that I can always do better and that I do not want to let God down, just as this player did not want to let his coach down. I hope you enjoy this video clip as much as I do!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rob and I really like your blog. :)

Barry Skalski said...

Thanks! I really enjoy both of yours as well. :)

Website Hit Counters